Principal Software Engineer, Financial Platform
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer with significant technical experience with high-scale distributed systems to join our Financial Platform Engineering team. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across many teams, informing business decisions, setting standards for platform development, listening to and mentoring software engineers on development best practices, and helping to expand our best-in-class FinTech offerings.
What you’ll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and standards of the Financial Platform.
- Collaborate with business leads across DraftKings to define milestones and deliverables for new functionality to be added to the application.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of projects and strategic initiatives, with a specific focus on solutions that are compliant, secure, stable, and scalable.
- Mentor and lead design sessions, ensuring that Financial Platform engineers deliver high-quality work that aligns with the mission of DraftKings Engineering.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise in C# development (7+ years).
- Experience in planning, delivering, and managing complex microservice-oriented features, workflows, and products.
- Expertise in large scale distributed systems development, Agile development, and SDLC, and modern release processes.
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the application.
- Familiarity with AWS based services and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation.
- Combine strong technical and interpersonal leadership skills to collaborate with our strong engineering teams in support of our business and technical goa
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.