Data Science Engineering Manager
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Where data science and technology meet.
Our team comprises algorithm experts and data science technologists coming together to develop innovative data products that solve analytically challenging problems at DraftKings. As part of this role, you will lead a small team to build quantitative technical solutions in various domains such as marketing and risk management. You will be a direct contributor as well as mentor others to be creative thinkers, utilizing data, machine learning, and software development skills to craft high-impact solutions that grow the business.
What you’ll do as a Data Science Manager:
- Take ownership in growing members of the data science team to be successful in building and deploying algorithms that solve important business problems.
- Guide direct reports in designing technical solutions to integrate new models and systems into our data science technical environment.
- Lead design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with DraftKing’s engineering strategy.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the company to plan and execute valuable data science projects.
What skills you will use:
- Experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from project planning to delivering key features.
- Experience managing and growing direct reports in a technical environment, ideally in the data science space.
- Expertise in a programming language like Python, Java, C#, or C++.
- Understanding of quantitative methods, notably writing code to navigate machine learning and data analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-experts.
- An intuitive sense of how quantitative work aligns with business priorities.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.